Jones College Prep
Welcome to your sophomore year! We are so excited for the opportunity to spend time with you (virtually!) as you start planning for your future! Our goal is to provide you an introduction to what you can do this school year to prepare for a successful sophomore year and beyond; to expose you to various careers; and some life skills that you will use not only in high school, but throughout your future.
Program Description and Goals
The Sophomore Program will consist of three Seminars (large group meetings), 1:1 conference with your Counselor, and a career activity in the Spring. The lessons and events will cover the following topics:
- Complete an intake survey for your counselor to know more about you
- Identifying supports during remote learning, academics, and navigating the school year
- Course scheduling, transcript review, and graduation requirements
- Career exploration & post-secondary planning
The goals of this program are that:
- Sophomores will understand career exploration and post-secondary planning.
- Sophomores will understand the importance of mental, physical and emotional well-being.
- Sophomores will develop positive relationships with their counselor.
Program Expectations, Policies, and Procedures
Students are expected to:
- Attend all in-class seminars (live Q&A sessions in Google Classroom)
- Attend all conferences with their counselor
- Check their email regularly for counseling related communication
- Respond to all meeting requests sent from the counselors
What else can students do on their own outside of seminars to have an enriching Sophomore year:
- Take the PSAT for 10th grade in the Spring 2020.
- Attend College and Career fairs at JCP and outside events.
- Getting involved in extracurricular and volunteer opportunities.
- Attending college campus tours and enrichment programs.
*virtual opportunities will be communicated by the counseling department
Sophomore students will participate in live Q&A sessions with their counselor after reviewing pre-recorded video content during remote learning. The delivery of each lesson is subject to change depending on our learning environment (remote/hybrid/in-person).
P.S. Si necesita ayuda para entender esta carta en español, por favor envíeme su nombre y su número de teléfono por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org y yo con mucho gusto le llamaré.