Mission & Grad at Grad
Mission and Core Values of Jones College Prep
The mission of Jones College Prep is to help students develop themselves as leaders through a rigorous college prep program that focuses on educating the whole person. The values at the core of the mission of Jones College Prep include:
- The belief that the world can become a better place by nurturing children to their full potential.
- The commitment to equality and dignity of all persons regardless of background.
- The goal of excellence in all endeavors.
- The power of the mind and heart.
Profile of the Ideal Graduate of Jones College Prep at Graduation
In light of the mission of the school, we have created this profile as our "dream" statement of who we hope our students will be on the road to becoming as they walk across their graduation stage. All of our energies are focused on helping students develop as the type of individual described here. Adolescents are journey people. While we do not believe that students will be finished in developing these characteristics, we believe that the Jones College Prep experience will bring substantial "beginnings" in the following areas. The ideal Jones graduate at graduation would be on the road to becoming…
- A decision maker, a critical/analytical thinker
- Able to apply knowledge to reality
- Literate in all areas
- Able to absorb information and analyze it
- A life-long learner
Socially Skilled and Mature
- Aware of his/her own attitudes, biases, strengths, and weaknesses
- Responsible for his/her own actions
- A moral and civically responsible member of society
- Able to enter into meaningful and deep relationships with others
- A person with a sense of belonging to a larger community
Socially Just and Responsible
- Able to look at all parts of ideas and then make judgments
- Culturally aware
- A person of integrity and character
- Aware of and beginning to make sense of issues of environment, globalization, poverty, and other macrocosmic frameworks
Well-Rounded and Holistic
- Able to think “out of the box”
- A person who can make connections across history, subject areas, themes, and ideas
- Well-rounded mentally, physically, educationally, and culturally
- Enthusiastic and curious