Welcome freshmen students and families! We are excited to begin the 2020-2021 school year and to get to know all of our freshmen students! Below you will find our Counseling 101 video, which describes who the JCP Counselors are, how we support freshmen students, and what to expect freshman year!
JCP Counselors support freshmen students in their transition to high school in three main domains: academic, social/emotional, and college and career readiness. Our structured programming is highlighted below:
1) Freshman Seminar: All freshmen will participate in large group counseling lessons that cover topics such as Counseling 101, academic skill building, stress management, graduation requirements, and course selection.
2) Freshman Conferences: Before the end of first quarter, all freshman students will have a one-on-one meeting with their counselor to get to know one another, ask questions, and learn how counselors can support.
3) Eagle Leaders: The counseling department partners with the Eagle Leaders mentorship program to support first year students during their transition to high school.
At the bottom of this page, you will find the following resources to support freshmen students and families:
- JCP Virtual Counselor Directory
- 2020-21 Freshman Year Calendar
We look forward to the opportunity to work with our freshmen students and families over the next four years! Welcome to Jones!
P.S. Si necesita ayuda para entender esta carta en español, por favor envíeme su nombre y su número de teléfono por correo electrónico a email@example.com y yo con mucho gusto le llamaré.