The purpose of the benchmark exam is to help find the most appropriate placement for you so that we can support your learning as best as possible. Academic dishonesty will only lead to bad information and thus, a suboptimal educational experience. While completing the benchmark exam, please follow this guidance:
- Finding a quiet place to complete the exam with minimal distractions
- Have paper and pencil/pen ready for scratch work
- Set aside 45 minutes of undisrupted time to complete this exam
- Do NOT use a textbook, notes, or resources on the internet
- Do NOT accept help or guidance from anyone else (this should be your work)
- If you receive accommodations or modifications from an IEP or 504, please contact Kim Bowman at KLBowman@cps.edu so that we can arrange for those changes to be made Benchmark exams can either be accessed online (links below), or a physical copy can be picked up from and returned to the school building.
- The deadline for all benchmark exams and interviews is June 18.
- MATH 1: If you want to take Math 1 next year, email Kim Bowman at KLBowman@cps.edu indicating your preference. Please include the student's full name and ID number.
- MATH 2: If you are interested in placement into Math 2, complete the Math 1 Benchmark Exam using this link: https://forms.gle/
- MATH 3: If you are interested in placement into Math 3, complete BOTH the Math 1 Benchmark Exam (link above) and the Math 2 Benchmark Exam using this link: https://forms.gle/
- MATH 4: If you are interested in placement into Math 4, complete the Math 1 and Math 2 Benchmark exams (links above) and email, Kim Bowman, at KLBowman@cps.edu to schedule a conference.
As you may know from previous communications, the World Language Department at Jones requires a placement test for all incoming freshmen that have previous knowledge of any of the three languages that the school offers: Mandarin Chinese, French and Spanish. It is very important that the students take the exam if they feel that they are ready to take a higher level of the language. Students with no previous language experience or students who fail to take the placement exam will be placed automatically into level 1 of their chosen language.
Due to the circumstances, Spanish, French, and Mandarin exams will be taken online from home. In order to take the Spanish or French placement tests, please submit the google form attached here or below by May 21. In order to take the Mandarin placement test, please submit the Mandarin placement test registration google form attached here or below by May 21. Once completed, confirmation and steps to complete the placement test will be sent to the student via email.
If the student does not take the exam, they will automatically be placed in level one. Student schedules CANNOT be changed in September.
Spanish and French placement test registration link: https://forms.gle/tnnwUgAK5rKdPBN79
Mandarin placement test registration link: https://forms.gle/vBwUfuN42NDc7Ydd7