ENROLLMENT (Freshman Welcome)
Date: March 28 (A-L) and March 30 (M-Z)
Students that received an acceptance letter attend Freshman Welcome.
5:15 - 5:45 PM | Choir Informational Session (Room 3014)
5:00 - 6:00 PM | School Tour & Jones Store (Lobby)
- Tour: An optional tour of the school with current Jones students. Since we do not offer shadow days, this is an opportunity for students to see the school again before Freshmen Summer Engagement.
- Jones Store: Our school store, operated by Friends of Jones, will be open in the lobby for sale of Joneswear.
6:00 - 7:00 PM | General Meeting (South Theater and North Auditorium)
- Welcome from students at Jones
- Curriculum Overview: Students and parents will be given a general overview of academics at Jones, and then students will turn in their course selection form for World Languages, Fine Arts, and Social Studies.
- Q & A Session: Faculty and staff will be available to address questions.
- Copy of student's birth certificate (only a birth certificate can be accepted)
- Copy of IEP/504 (if applicable)
- Two (2) copies of your proof of address. You will submit this information once during enrollment and again during registration in August.
- Home Language Form
- Health Documents (if available). Must be submitted by QuickStart (late August).
All students are required to provide two (2) proofs of Chicago residency once at Enrollment (Freshmen Welcome) and again at the start of each school year and/or after a move. Only readable and full documents will be accepted. Registration will not be complete without these supporting documents.
Address verification is required by the Office of Inspector General.
- Current (within 2 billing cycles of today's date) utility bill (Gas, Light, Water). Copy of bill must show the service address and name, NOT a copy of the envelope.)
- Illinois driver's license or State of Illinois identification card. (One or two adults and/or the student's State ID are sufficient.)
- MediPlan/Medicaid card Only (Not an insurance card)
- Court documents
- Illinois Department of Public Aid card/Department of Human Services.
- Stamped United States Post Office change of address form copy or a piece of mail with the yellow sticker indicating the new address.
- Illinois state aid check/social security check
Not Accepted Proof:
- Cable/Internet bill
- Car Insurance
- Credit card bill
- Cell phone bill
- Bank statement