- Watch the virtual rehearsal prior to arriving
- Bring (or take a photo) of your line card
- It's going to be warm, so wear comfortable clothing
- Bring sunglasses. The white flooring and sunshine will be bright
- Removed sunglasses when crossing the stage
- Travel light. There won't be any place to store your purse or backpack
- Water (clear bottle). Jones will have some
- Be on time and arrive between 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
- Go to Gate 6 (details below)
- Go to Gate 0
- Open Seating
- As of June 12, Soldier Field has removed yellow bands on seating
- Livestream will be available on this page and the Jones YouTube Channel
DIRECTIONS & TRANSPORTATION
1410 Museum Campus Dr.
Chicago, IL 60605
Soldier Field is easily accessible by the CTA Red, Green, and Orange Lines at the Roosevelt Station (3/4 mile walk to stadium entrance) CTA bus route #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express also provides a connection from Roosevelt Station to the stadium entrance on McFetridge Drive From Memorial Day to Labor Day, CTA bus route #130 Museum Campus provides service from downtown Metra stations to Soldier Field, Adler Planetarium, and Northerly Island.
- Directions/Parking to Waldron Parking Deck
- Parking is at Waldron Parking Deck
- Parking is $10
- Gate 0 - Guest Entrance. Gate 0 is located on the south side of the stadium. Guests with bags may be subject to a light bag check.
- Gate 6 (located just east/to the right of Gate 0) Class of 2021 Seniors, Support Staff, and Teacher Entrance.
- Gate 14 - ADA Drop-off
- ADA Drop-Off Gate 14 turnaround for drop-offs for ADA patrons if needed. Once dropped off, guests will need to move their vehicle and park in the Waldron Parking Deck. Guests will still need to enter through Gate 0.
SOCIAL DISTANCING / MASKS
The Commencement Ceremony will continue to adhere to Chicago Public Schools (CPS) guidelines regarding social distancing and masks. The CDC’s Operational Strategy for K-12 Schools recommends universal masking is still required.
Please observe social distancing whenever possible.
Parents/guests of the students will be sitting in the seating bowl on both the east/west mezzanine.
- East Mezzanine: Sections 103-117 on the field diagram
- West Mezzanine: Sections 144-128 on the field diagram
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Q: Where should I park?
A: Parking is at Waldron Parking Deck (see map for directions)
Q: What time should guests arrive?
A: Guests should arrive between 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Q: Is there assigned seating?
A: No, it’s first come, first serve open seating.
Q: How long will the commencement ceremony last?
A: Approximately 75-90 minutes
Q: Can I bring food or drink with me?
A: No food but bottle water in a clear container is acceptable.
Q: After the ceremony is over, where do graduates and their loved ones meet?
A: Soldier Field requests that all guests exit immediately after the ceremony and meet their grad outside in front of Gate 0.
Q: Can we bring balloons?
A: Yes, as long as the balloons are blocking the view of other guests
Q: I’m a graduate. What time should I arrive, and where do I need to go once I arrive at Soldier Field?
A: Please arrive between 12:00 PM-12:30 PM. Graduates must enter the building through Gate 6.
Q: I’m a graduate. What should I wear? What should I bring with me?
A: Wear your academic regalia and comfortable clothing underneath.
Q: Will grads be walking on grass?
A: No, Soldier Field has laid down flooring over the grass. If students are wearing high heels they should be fine.