Local School Council members are elected every two years by parents, community members, and school staff. Members serve two-year terms, with the exception of student representatives, who serve one-year terms. Interested candidates must complete several application forms.
- Monitoring the school improvement plan—also known as their school’s CIWP.
- Monitoring the school's budget and expenditures.
- Evaluating their school’s principal annually, as well as selecting a new contract principal for their school or renewing the contract of their current principal.
How to Apply
If you are a parent, community member, student, or teacher looking to get more involved with your school, we encourage you to consider running in your school’s LSC election.The application window for the 2022 LSC elections opened on January 3, 2022. To apply, candidates must download and fill out the application forms below and return them with two forms of identification to the school for which they intend to run as a candidate by Wednesday, March 9, 2022 (updated) at 3:00 p.m. CST.
- Parents and community members have the option to file a Form 4-22 Candidate Statement.
- School staff candidates must file a Form 5-22 School Staff Candidate Information Form.
- High school student candidates must file a Form 6-22 Student Candidate Information Form.
Please Note: There are separate candidate forms for traditional LSCs and appointed LSCs and boards of governors (BOG).
2022 Traditional Local School Council Nomination Materials
- Candidate Nomination Form (Form 1-22)
- Criminal Conviction Disclosure Form (Form 2-22)
- Telephone Number Disclosure Form (Form 3-22
- Candidate Statement Form (Form 4-22) (Optional)
- Student Candidate Information Form (Form 4S-22) (Optional)
|Candidate Materials||Required / Optional||Documents|
|LSC Election Timeline||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Candidate Packet Cover Letter||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|Candidate Nomination Form 1-22||Required for All Candidates||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Criminal Conviction Disclosure / Enumerated and Disqualifying Offenses Form 2-22||Required for All Candidates||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Telephone Number Disclosure Form 3-22||Required for All Candidates||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Candidate Statement Form 4-22||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Student Candidate Statement Form 4S-22||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Teacher/Non-Teacher Staff Candidate Information Form 5-22||Required for All Teacher / Non-Teacher Staff Candidates||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Student Candidate Information Form 6-22||Required for all Student Candidates||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Withdrawal of Candidacy Form 7-22||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Certification of Election Results Form 28-22||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Pre-Election Challenge Petition Form 9-22||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Post-Election Challenge Petition Form 21-22||Optional||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
For details on the 2022 LSC election process, please see:
Office of Local School Council Relations