- How to Interpret Your JCP Block Schedule!
- North and South Building Floor by Floor
- 2021 JCP Reopening Tour Video (Available Sunday, April 18 at 12pm)
Special Bell Schedule
We will be following a special bell schedule for the 1st week similar to what we do when we start back in the fall. This time will be used to distribute IDs, lanyards, and other materials during AcLAb.
- First week Special Schedule (April 19, 20, 21, 23)
Jones will be reverting to our regular bell schedule since we will need to provide time for lunches.
**Procedures for how AcLab will work in the Hybrid Learning Model are forthcoming. Stay tuned.
Shift changes for students opting for Hybrid Learning
At this time we can no longer accommodate any shift changes for students choosing Hybrid Learning.
Entering the Building
Students will not be assigned lockers; they will be required to carry all of their material throughout the day.
All students who are in person will be assigned to either A Lunch or C Lunch and will be assigned to either the North or South cafeteria depending on their schedule. Students in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade will have the option for open campus lunch. Freshmen are not eligible for open campus lunch.
Students will be required to use disinfectants or wash their hands upon entering the building.
- Take backpacks and other large bags with you. Items left anywhere else will be confiscated.
- Students must scan in/out at the designated security desk.
- Students are required back in the building a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the end of their lunch period.
- Students are required to have a visible ID.
- No food for other students.
Students should conduct themselves as responsible representatives of their school and community. Students who represent their school are expected to maintain high standards of conduct whether in the school or the community. Students who exhibit behavior unbecoming of an Eagle will be subject to privileges being revoked by the administration.
Parent permission is required for students to participate in off-campus lunch. Students and guardians should have received an email. If no please contact Ms. Laurie Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org
Will students be changing for PE?
- Locker rooms are closed.
- Students should come to school in clothing that they can participate in light to moderate activity in on days that they have PE.
- Students should also bring proper footwear suitable for PE.
Will students use the pool for PE?
- At this time PE classes will not be using the pool.
What will PE look like for in-person students?
- Indoors we will be doing activities such as volleyball and badminton in the gym. Both are space activities that have some built-in separation.
- Walking classes will be outside walking.
- Weight room classes will be in the weight room following safety protocols.
- When possible classes will go outside to the park for activities such as softball, frisbee golf, and walking.
What are the policies for the PE department during in-person classes in order to keep everyone safe?
- Wear your mask.
- Wipe down your equipment.
- CPS policy: “Students are not permitted to use personally owned devices in the classroom”.
- Students who checked out Chromebooks from school should carry them back and forth from home.
- Chromebooks and other devices will be assigned at school to students who have not yet checked-out devices.
- Additional instructional technology will be provided in each classroom.
Quarter 4 Calendar
Please see the link for the Quarter 4 Calendar, important dates to note are as follows:
Jones College Prep 4th Quarter Calendar 2020-2021
- Thursday, 4/22/2021: No classes Parent-teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, 4/27/2021: No classes SAT Testing
- Monday, 5/31/2021: No Classes Memorial Day
- Thursday, 6/17/2021: Final Exams-Schedule is forthcoming
- Friday, 6/18/2021: Final Exams-Schedule is forthcoming
- Monday, 6/21/2021: Final Exams-Schedule is forthcoming
- Tuesday, 6/22/2021:Final Exams-Schedule is forthcoming
Please keep in mind that as we navigate this ever-changing landscape plans are subject to change. For updated information please see the Jones reopening page at: