As we grapple with the impacts of COVID-19 as a school and local community, we wanted you to be aware of the resources available to you and your family. Additional information is attached below. We will continue to update these resources as more information becomes available.
*Si necesita ayuda para entender esta carta en español, por favor envíeme su nombre y su número de teléfono por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org y yo con mucho gusto le llamaré.
If you want up-to-date info on how colleges/universities are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can take a look at the National Association for College Admissions Counseling resource page.
Free High-Speed Internet Service
Please visit this website to learn more about the internet supports being offered through CPS.
Pandemic EBT Link Card
The State of Illinois is issuing all CPS students their own Pandemic EBT link card with up to $350 for its free lunch program. The parent is the applicant - the student is the recipient. This card will be loaded monthly until CPS resumes its regular in house teaching schedule, post-emergency Shelter-In-Place restrictions. The deadline to apply has been extended to August 31, 2020. Links to the applications are here. The brochure is linked here.
Affordable Housing and Emergency Rental/Mortgage Assistance
IHDA (Illinois Housing Development Association) was given $396 million of CARES Act funding to provide affordable housing and emergency rental & mortgage assistance due to the COVID 19 crisis.
- Emergency Rental Assistance application period is August 10 - August 21
- Emergency Mortgage Assistance application period is August 24 - September 4
- These application periods may close early if all funds have been distributed.
- Here is a google folder with information and flyers in both English and Spanish. IHDA Funding
- Below, you will find the ERA announcement and instructions for the application.
- Applications for rental assistance must be initiated online by tenants, and also require landlord participation to complete the process. There are a number of community organizations listed in the flyers that are available to assist those w/o computer access.
- More info at IHDA - Illinois Housing Development Authority
The CTU has put together a list of options for you and your family that cover a variety of resource options including financial, housing, and immigration support services.
The district has put together a list of supports for families that cover food, health, and remote learning supports.
Crisis Hotlines (attached)
Here is the list of hotlines that the JCP Counselors' Corner has been sending out to students and families in recent weeks. Please reach out to your/your child's counselor if you need additional support referrals.
Here is a list of nationwide service opportunities that students can participate in remotely. Be sure to follow JCP guidelines on getting any service hours approved by your counselor.